Overseas Qualification

An assessment advice is an official document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification to an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) comparable level of education. All assessments are undertaken utilising the Country Education Profiles (CEPs) issued by the Australian Government Department of Education (DESE).

Assessments are for general employment purposes only. They do not compare qualifications by individual subject, study area or competency standards.

This is a free service for South Australian residents.

The Country Education Profiles (CEPs) is an online qualifications recognition tool designed to help organisations understand overseas higher education and post-secondary technical and vocational educational qualifications.

No. Applications must be submitted through your Skilled & Business Migration portal.

If you do not meet Skilled & Business Migration eligibility requirements for a qualification assessment, you should visit the Australian Government Department of Education – International education website to review other options.

There are a variety of assessment processes for trade qualifications dependent on your trade occupation and the type of qualification you hold. 

Visit Trades Recognition Australia for more information.

Assessments can take up to 28 days from date of submission if all required documents are submitted as outlined in the Overseas Qualification Recognition Document Checklist.

All translations must be carried out by an accredited translator. 

Translations undertaken in Australia must be by an accredited National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) translator. For a list of accredited translators visit the NAATI website

You may be eligible to have your documents translated into English at no cost through the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP). Check your eligibility by visiting the AMEP website.

Any documents translated outside of Australia must be endorsed by the translator showing their full name, address, telephone number, details of the qualifications and experience in the language being translated.

A certified copy is a copy (often a photocopy) of a primary document that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. It does not certify that the primary document is genuine, only that it is a true copy of the primary document.

For more information, visit Guidelines for the certification of documents.

If you do not have your full academic transcripts and/or award certificate you can request a copy or reissue from the institution of study. If you cannot get copies of documents, you can request an academic statement from the institution outlining your study.

Alternatively, you can visit the Australian Government Department of Education – International education website to review other options.

If you have lost your assessment advice you can request a copy by logging in to your Immigration SA Apply Website and use the ‘submit enquiry’ option. 

If your original assessment advice was issued more than 12 months ago you may be required to submit a new application. 

Please note: The Country Education Profiles used to undertake assessments are continually updated, therefore any assessment re-issued will reflect the latest CEP guidelines. This means your assessment outcome may change 

Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) is an online facility managed by the Department of Home Affairs to check your current visa details and conditions. To learn more and access your account visit VEVO for visa holders.