Before you arrive
Preparation and research is the key to successful settlement. Skilled & Business Migration has relationships with community based organisations that may be able to support you on arrival in South Australia.
Make the time to research your new home in South Australia and learn more about what accommodation, lifestyle, services and employment opportunities are available to you and your family.
When you arrive
If you have just arrived in South Australia you must register your arrival to South Australia to validate your obligation and commitment to South Australia.
Registering your arrival also enables Skilled & Business Migration to keep you up to date on information, job opportunities and relevant news and services available to you to assist you in your settlement journey and connects you to professional supports, services, events, programs and tailored assistance offered by Skilled & Business Migration to newly arrived skilled migrants.
- You must register your arrival to South Australia on the Skilled & Business Migration Portal.
- Only primary applicants nominated by the South Australian Government are required to register their arrival.
- If you are already onshore, enter your state nominated visa grant date as your arrival date.
- Note: You are only required to register your arrival when you permanently settle in South Australia
- Ensure you have received a visa grant notice
- Ensure you have a current and valid email
- Log onto the Skilled & Business Migration Portal (if nomination by a migration agent you won’t yet be registered and will need to set up your password)
- Click on Register My Arrival
- Update your details
- Your registration will enable you and your partner (if a secondary applicant on your visa) to access professional services provided for free to help with your settlement.
- You will have access to arrival support, provided by our partners
- We suggest you follow our Facebook page.
Keeping in Touch
A key measure and indicator of the success of state nomination program is the information collated through regular updates. The updates provide the South Australian Government with information about your achievements. Monitoring your success enables the South Australia government to better understand the client settlement experience and enables the government to address emerging challenges and celebrate success.
The State Government monitors skilled migrant outcomes and uses this information to report to the Australian government on settlement achievements for the first two years. Your participation in these updates is recorded towards meeting your obligation to the South Australian who has nominated you to live and work in South Australia for a two-year period.
- Register your arrival in South Australia
- Provide your address both before and after you arrive in Australia
- Complete surveys providing updates on your contact details and employment outcomes
- Undertake the survey for the first two years from arrival or from when your state nominated visa is granted at 3, 6, 12, 18 months and 2 year intervals
- If you are already in Australia and have transitioned from a visa to a state nominated visa, register your arrival date as the state nominated visa grant date
- Ensure your email is current
- You will be notified by email when your update is due
- Log onto the Skilled & Business Migration Portal, your update will be listed under 'Actions' on your client page
- Once completed submit your update
- You are required to undertake the survey regardless of where you are currently residing.