Preparation and research is the key to successful settlement. Skilled & Business Migration has relationships with community based organisations that may be able to support you on arrival in South Australia.
Make the time to research your new home in South Australia and learn more about what accommodation, lifestyle, services and employment opportunities are available to you and your family.
If you have just arrived in South Australia you must register your arrival to South Australia to meet your state nomination requirements.
Registering your arrival also enables Skilled & Business Migration to keep you up to date on information, job opportunities and relevant news and services available to you to assist you in your settlement journey and connects you to professional supports, services, events, programs and tailored assistance offered by Skilled & Business Migration to newly arrived skilled migrants.
- You must register your arrival to South Australia on the Skilled & Business Migration Portal.
- Only primary applicants nominated by the South Australian Government are required to register their arrival.
- If you are already onshore, your visa grant date is automatically recorded as your arrival date.
- Note: You are only required to register your arrival when you permanently settle in South Australia
- Ensure you have received a visa grant notice
- Ensure you have a current and valid email
- Log onto the Skilled & Business Migration Portal (if nomination by a migration agent you won’t yet be registered and will need to set up your password)
- Click on Register My Arrival
- Update your details
- Your registration will enable you and your partner (if a secondary applicant on your visa) to access professional services provided for free to help with your settlement.
- You will have access to arrival support, provided by our partners
- We suggest you follow our Facebook page.
Keeping in Touch
A key measure and indicator of the success of state nomination program is the information collated through regular updates. Your participation in these updates provide the South Australian Government with information about your achievements.
Monitoring your success enables the South Australia government to better understand the client settlement experience and enables the government to address emerging challenges and celebrate success.
- Register your arrival in South Australia
- Provide your address both before and after you arrive in Australia
- Provide your employment status update.