You can make your own application for state nomination, however if you are unsure about the application process you can seek immigration assistance.

It is important to note that using an agent or lawyer for visa applications is not compulsory.

Who can provide immigration assistance?

Immigration assistance is when a person uses knowledge of, or experience in, migration procedure to assist with visa applications or other visa matters by:

  • preparing, or helping to prepare a visa application or other document
  • advising about a visa application or visa matter
  • representing in, or preparing for, proceedings before a court or review authority in relation to a visa matter.

If you appoint someone to give you immigration assistance, they must be:

  • a registered migration agent​
  • a legal practitioner, or
  • an exempt person​.

Further information regarding immigration assistance can be found at: Who can help you with your application?