This scheme helps employers fill vacancies where there is a shortage of local skilled workers by entering a labour agreement with the Australian Government. It is available to qualifying businesses across South Australia, including Adelaide, regional and rural areas.
Who you can sponsor:
- Skilled migrants living overseas
- Temporary residents currently working in South Australia. What is a Designated Area Migration Agreement?
A Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA), is a Labour Agreement between the Commonwealth Government and the South Australian Government that enables employers to sponsor skilled overseas workers for positions they are unable to full locally. Entering into a South Australian DAMA is a requirement for sponsoring a skilled worker for this visa.
Visit the Designated Area Migration Agreements page for more information on South Australia’s DAMAs with the Australian Government. Designated Area Representative (DAR)
In order to qualify for this visa with the Department of Home Affairs, the assessment by a Designated Area Representative is required. The DAR is the signatory to the DAMA and is responsible for overseeing the agreement, including endorsing employers seeking access to overseas workers through the DAMA. Skilled & Business Migration is the DAR for all South Australian business endorsements for DAMA Labour Agreements. Who can apply for this visa?
Applications for this visa must be made by South Australian businesses that enter into a Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA) with the Commonwealth Government and the South Australian Government. This visa is South Australian Businesses that:
- Have identified a skills or labour shortage that they cannot fill locally
- The position occupation must be available on the DAMA Occupation Lists for South Australia
- The position must be full-time, and duties must align with the nominated occupation
- The business can fulfil all South Australian DAMA endorsement requirements.
For full details on employer eligibility criteria, please see Endorsement Requirements.