This scheme helps businesses fill vacancies where there is a shortage of local skilled workers by entering a labour agreement with the Australian Government through the South Australian Government through the South Australian Designated Area Representative (DAR). The DAR is Skilled & Business Migration, Department for Industry, Innovation and Science. It is available to qualifying businesses across South Australia, including Adelaide, regional and rural areas.
Who you can sponsor:
- Skilled migrants living overseas
- Temporary residents currently working in South Australia.
Who can apply for this visa?
Applications for this visa must be made by South Australian businesses that enter into a Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA) with the Commonwealth Government and the South Australian Government. This visa is for South Australian Businesses that:
- Have identified a skills or labour shortage that they cannot fill locally
- The position occupation must be available on the DAMA Occupation Lists for South Australia
- The position must be full-time, and duties must align with the nominated occupation
- The business can fulfil all South Australian DAMA endorsement requirements.
For full details on employer eligibility criteria, please see Endorsement Requirements.