Before you apply, you must have ready all information and documentation to support your state nomination application and prove the claims you make. Please refer to the below checklist as a guide to what you need to prepare for your application.
For all streams:
- You must confirm that you have sufficient financial resources to support yourself and dependents to settle in South Australia and understand it is your responsibility to determine the cost of living in South Australia. Evidence of financial capacity is not required. However, Skilled & Business Migration reserves the right to seek additional information or evidence at a later stage if necessary.
- Provide scanned copies of the main applicant’s photo pages of your passport, and scanned copy of the spouse passport.
- Provide your Expression of Interest (EOI) reference number.
Important: Nomination is entirely at the discretion of the Government of South Australia. Meeting the minimum published requirements does not guarantee nomination by South Australia. In assessing your Intention to Apply and application, Skilled & Business Migration will consider each application on its merits and the broader benefit to South Australia.
For the Business Innovation stream, you must also:
- Provide a business plan detailing the viability and economic impact of your proposal to South Australia using this Business plan template.
It is an expectation that applications will not be duplicative as identical or near identical applications would indicate that they might not represent a genuine business proposal that would benefit South Australia's economy, local businesses and the workforce.
For the Investor and Significant Investor stream, you must also:
- Provide the name of and information about the proposed complying investment(s) and its fund manager.
- Provide information on how the investment will materially benefit South Australia.
For the Entrepreneur stream, you must also:
- Provide detailed information about the proposed entrepreneurial business activity, demonstrating:
- You have in-depth knowledge, expertise or track record in the target product or service.
- Your proposed business has the potential to become a sustainable high-growth start-up, with the future potential to employ South Australians.
- Your project will have the majority of its assets and staff located in South Australia.
- Provide a letter of support from a selected Service Provider that has reviewed and approves your proposed entrepreneurial business activity.
- Provide an English language test result demonstrating you have at least competent English. If you are a passport holder or citizen of the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada or New Zealand, you do not need to provide an English test result.
Applications for endorsement by the South Australian Government for the 188E State Nomination will require a letter of support from an approved service provider.
For more details on assessment processes, please see below.
You must seek support from one of the South Australian innovation eco-system service providers to be considered for nomination by Skilled & Business Migration.
- Prior to submitting your application, review the entry requirements on the service providers’ websites. In addition to the South Australian Government (Skilled & Business Migration) requirements. You must also meet your selected service provider’s pre-requisite entry requirements for their mentoring and/or support programs.
- Once you have selected a service provider, you may choose to send an email to the provider to briefly explain your business concept and ask if they will accept and support your business concept/an application from you. The service provider will contact you directly if they need additional information to help them decide if they will support your application.
- Once you have obtained a letter of support from the service provider you can submit your application via the Skilled & Business Migration portal, you’re required to upload your letter of support.
- The South Australian Government will provide you with a Letter of Endorsement, subject to you meeting all relevant requirements. The Letter of Endorsement is valid for 60 days from the date of issue. You must lodge an application to the Department of Home Affairs within this 60-day period.
- You must include this Letter of Endorsement when you apply online to the Department of Home Affairs.
- The Department of Home Affairs will assess your VISA application and advise you and Skilled & Business Migration if you have been granted a 188E VISA.