If you are looking for assistance on your arrival to Adelaide, there are services that can help you.
In South Australia there are many resources and support services for new arrivals to help with settlement, promote cultural diversity and community participation.
We have put together a list of organisations that may be able to assist you, however we encourage all new arrivals to continue their own research and find the best services to suit your needs.
- Adelaide City Care: Adelaide City Care offers free on-arrival Meet and Greet service and hosts a Welcome Dinner for newly arrived migrants. Bookings are essential.
- Australian Migrant Resource Centre: AMRC services support community engagement
- MACSA: Muslim Australian Connections of South Australia (MACSA), provides support services and information for new arrivals to help adjust and settle into a new country. Connect with them for assistance before arriving in Adelaide, or once arrived.
- Multicultural Communities Council of South Australia: Serving culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in South Australia
- SA Community: Offering a directory listing of religious services, study groups and support
- Welcome to Australia: Provides access to essential services, social support and intercultural connection
Volunteering can help to improve community connections, self-confidence and provides new migrants with an opportunity to showcase their skills and experience that can improve job opportunities.
South Australian local libraries or councils can be a good starting point to access information about what is going on in your local community. Libraries also offer free computer access and free internet access.
Adelaide Abroad helps to connect people with networks and organisations that can help make the transition to Adelaide easier. Whether looking to build networks that can lead to a new job opportunity, find the right school or explore volunteering opportunities, contact Adelaide Abroad.
There are websites and apps that you can use to meet locals according to your interests, and help you connect to different kinds of groups in your region.