Skilled migrants currently living in South Australia and working in their nominated occupation may be eligible for state nomination through this stream. Candidates may include temporary visa holders, international graduates, self-employed applicants, and sub-contractors.
To be eligible under the Working in South Australia stream, you must:
- Check if your nominated occupation is eligible under the Working in South Australia stream on South Australia’s Skilled Occupation List
- Currently live and work in South Australia
- Be under 45 years of age at time of state nomination is approved
- Have a valid and positive skills assessment for your nominated occupation
- Have at least Competent English, unless your nominated occupation requires registration or licensing to practice in South Australia. If your occupation requires registration or licensing in South Australia, you will need to ensure you meet the English requirement set by the registration or licensing authority to work in South Australia. Occupations with registration requirements include trades, education, and health professions. (Please note: Passport holders or citizens of the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada or New Zealand do not need to provide an English language test result)
- Score at least 65 points in the Department of Home Affairs’ points test (including state nomination points)
- Be currently working in a job that is related to your nominated occupation. For South Australian nomination, this is defined as being in the same Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) Sub Major Group of your nominated occupation. That is, to the first two digits of the occupation’s ANZSCO Code
- Have undertaken your skilled work experience post-course completion
- Meet the minimum work experience requirement listed for your occupation on the Skilled Occupation List
- Be working at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight, unless specified higher for your nominated occupation on the Skilled Occupation List
For further information on South Australia’s nomination requirements, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions. To contact us, please lodge an enquiry through the Skilled and Business Migration portal.