What are the benefits?
As of 14 August 2019 at 11am, Immigration SA is no longer accepting state nomination applications for the 489 visa. State nomination applications for the 190 visa can continue to be submitted. A new Skilled Worker Regional (Provisional 491) visa will be introduced on 16 November 2019 and this will replace the 489 visa.
The benefits of state nomination are:
- Priority visa processing with the Department of Home Affairs.
- You’ll receive 5 points for a 190 - Skilled Nominated visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- You’ll receive 10 points for a 489- Skilled Regional Provisional visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- Access to a more extensive occupation list.
- An opportunity to live and work in a city ranked as one of the top ten most liveable in the world.
- Information and services from the State Government to help you settle in South Australia and find employment.
What is state nomination?
State nomination helps you to obtain a skilled migration visa from the Australian Government. The South Australian State Government nominates skilled migrants who are willing to live and work in South Australia and who have the skills and experience required by the state.
There is an additional occupation list called the Supplementary Skilled List that you can access if you meet additional requirements.