18 Aug 2015 Skilled migrants
1) High points
From 1st July, applicants who have 80 points or higher (including state nomination points) on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) points test, can gain access to the Supplementary Skilled List (SSL) and occupations on the main list that are special conditions apply. Applicants must meet all other South Australian state nomination requirements to qualify.
Please note: There is a quota for high points nomination. If an occupation reaches thisquota, it will no longer be available for high points access.
For example, Human Resource Advisor (ANSZCO Code 223111) and Marketing Specialist (ANSZCO Code 225113) on the Supplementary Skilled List are close to meeting the quota for high points nomination.
2) List of occupations that have met their planning level
The following occupations have met their planning level for 2015-16. Planning levels(quotas) apply to all nominations, once these have been reached, access to these occupations may be closed or further requirements may apply.
The following occupations have met their planning level and special conditions apply (List current as of 14/08/2015)
• ICT Project Manager
• ICT Managers nec
• Cafe or Restaurant Manager
• Call or Contact Centre Manager
• Customer Service Manager
• Financial Institution Branch Manager
• Training and Development Professional
• Electrical Engineer
• Industrial Engineer
• Mechanical Engineer
• Production or Plant Engineer
• ICT Business Analyst
• Systems Analyst
• Software Engineer
• Software Tester
• Database Administrator
• ICT Security Specialist
• Systems Administrator
• Computer Network and Systems Engineer
• ICT Quality Assurance Engineer
• ICT Support Engineer
• ICT Systems Test Engineer
• Telecommunications Engineer
• Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
Occupations which have reached their planning levels will be marked as “Special Conditions Apply”. These occupations are only available if you meet all requirements under one of the following categories:
• I am an international graduate of South Australia.
• I have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia for the last 12 months.
• I have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia for 12 months or more.
• I have high points - 80 points or higher.
Please note: If occupations reach their quota for high points, nomination will no longer be available for applicants in the 80 points or higher category
3) Occupations with high nomination availability
There are still many occupations with high nomination places left, for example Motor Mechanic, Physiotherapist or Developer Programmer, Electrician and Finance Manager. Immigration SA encourages you to apply should you meet the South Australian skilled nomination requirements.
To download the complete South Australian State Nominated Occupation list.
To hear more news and policy update from Immigration SA, Subscribe now.