Before you apply
All applications must include the documents required as listed below. Applications that do not include the required documents may be delayed or cancelled/withdrawn.
Please note: All documents submitted must
- Be scanned, in colour and of high quality
- Be submitted in PDF or JPEG file format
- Not exceed 4MB per page or 16MB per application
1. Proof of identity, provide one of the following:
- Current Passport (photo and signature page)
- Australian Driver’s licence
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
2. Proof of visa status, provide one of the following: (not required for Australian citizens)
- Immigration Grant Notification (issued by Australian Government Department of Home Affairs)
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) printout
3. Proof of South Australian residency, provide one of the following:
- A document including your name and South Australian residential address eg: phone bill, utility bill, bank statement or rental agreement.
4. Qualification documents - you must provide the following for each overseas qualification you are wanting assessed:
- Certified copy of Award certificate - Degree, Diploma or qualification certificate
- Certified copy of Academic transcripts/marksheets showing every year of study
- For post graduate qualification assessment applications (e.g. Masters or Graduate Diploma) you must provide undergraduate qualification documents
- For technical/vocational qualification assessment applications you must provide evidence of all studies before University study e.g. Pre-University, GCE A levels, Senior Secondary School, and Senior High School
Important: All documents from this section must be certified, submitted in English and accompanied by English translations. Translations must be undertaken in Australia by an independent National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) accredited translator. (See below for further information).
5. Proof of name change:
- If the name on your academic documents is different to your current legal name you must provide evidence eg. marriage certificate, deed poll certificate.
Translation of documents
- Translations undertaken in Australia must be by an accredited National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) translator. For a list of accredited translators visit the NAATI website.
- Any documents translated outside of Australia must endorsed by the translator showing their full name, address, telephone number, details of the qualifications and experience in the language being translated.
- You may be eligible to have your documents translated into English at no cost through the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP). Check your eligibility by visiting the AMEP website.