As an international graduate of South Australia, you have access to additional waivers and concessions to assist you to qualify for state nomination.
To be eligible for the International Graduate of South Australia (SA Graduate) pathway, the following study requirements apply:
- Your South Australian course must be CRICOS registered, with a minimum of 46 CRICOS weeks
- A minimum of 50% of your qualification must have been completed in South Australia
- You must have resided in South Australia for at least one year during your period of study
- You must have continuously resided in South Australia post-course completion
- You must meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements for the subclass 491 or subclass 190 visa
- You must meet the nomination requirements outlined here and as listed for your nominated occupation
- You must meet any course requirements or minimum qualification levels listed for your occupation
- To be eligible for subclass 491 or 190 nomination, SA graduates must be currently working in their nominated or closely related occupation for the last 3 months in South Australia (post-course completion), unless specified differently for your occupation
- Where specified, some occupations may require longer work experience
- For the purposes of state-nomination, closely related occupation is defined as within the ANZSCO 2-digit level. Where specified for your nomination occupation, other occupations may also be considered closely related. A skilled occupation in the same industry as your nominated occupation may also be considered as a closely related occupation. If you are claiming points for your work experience in your SkillSelect EOI, please ensure you meet the Home Affairs requirements to claim points
- Research work undertaken as part of your PhD will not be accepted as skilled work experience
- You must be working at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight in your nominated or closely related occupation in South Australia for the duration required for your nominated occupation, unless specified differently for your occupation. If you are working part time (less than 35 hours per week), you may be offered a 491 nomination.
- Waivers to the skilled work experience requirements are available for selected SA graduates if you apply through the Talent and Innovators program – high performing graduate stream
- Where specified for your nominated occupation, waivers to the skilled work experience requirement are available if you are currently working as a care worker or support worker in a role that is relevant to your qualification. Examples include Registered Nurses nec or Enrolled Nurses working as aged and disability care workers and Social Workers or Welfare Workers working as social support workers
- To be eligible for subclass 491 nomination, you must be working for the last 18 months in Greater Adelaide or the last 12 months in outer regional South Australia (for at least 10 hours per week or 20 hours per fortnight). The work does not have to be post-course completion and can be undertaken during your studies
- SA graduates or their partners who have resided in South Australia long-term may also be eligible for a waiver to the work experience requirement if they are working in any skilled occupation for the last 12 months in South Australia. This applies to graduates from all registered training organisations or higher education providers in South Australia.