If you are under 55 years of age: You must provide evidence that you have met one of the following:
- Employed two full-time equivalent employees in SA.
- Provided a minimum capital investment of AUD$200,000 into a South Australian business. (AUD$1.5 million for property developers).
- Inject AUD$600,000 of net personal and/or business assets into South Australia.
If you are over 55 years of age: You must provide evidence that you have met one of the following:
- Employed four full-time employees – or an additional four workers if you purchased the business – for a minimum of 12 months prior to lodging your application. They must be Australian citizens, New Zealand passport holders, or Australian permanent residents for the full 12-month period.
- Provided a minimum capital investment of AUD$1.5 million into a South Australian business or AUD$2 million for property developers.
- Exported AUD$600,000 of South Australian products or services (purchase value):
- Export refers to the sale of South Australian made goods or provision of services. South Australian made goods means that the whole of production, or the final stage of production occurs in South Australia. For wine, the GI on the certificate of free sale must address South Australia, or a region of South Australia. For grape juice, the grapes must also be sourced from South Australia.
- The South Australian producer of the goods must be made aware that their products are being export and to which specific overseas markets.
- If South Australian made goods are purchased via a third-party distributor or wholesaler, this business must also be located in South Australia.
- Exports need to be part of a genuine business activity to make a profit. The frequency of exports will reflect the genuineness of the business activity.
Exceptional Benefit to State If you are over 55 and undertake your investment in Regional South Australia the exceptional benefit to state requirements reduce to:
- Employed three full time equivalent employees
- Export AUD$600,000 South Australian products and/or services (this is purchase value)
- Provided a minimum capital investment of AUD$1 million into a South Australian business or AUD$2 million for property developers.