This is a state-nominated permanent residence visa for investors already holding a South Australian state-nominated 165 visa.
This visa enables you to live permanently in South Australia to operate your business or investment activity. To be eligible to apply for the subclass 893 visa, applicants must hold a valid South Australian state-nominated subclass 165 visa.
Subclass 893 is valid for five years with future options for residency return visas or citizenship.
Applicants must hold a state-nominated 165 provisional visa to be eligible to apply for an Investor permanent residence subclass 893 visa.
In addition to meeting the subclass 893 visa criteria of the Department of Home Affairs, applicants must have fulfilled the South Australian State Government sponsorship requirements.
You must show evidence you have:
- Lived in South Australia for at least two years in the last four.
- Held AUD $750,000 in South Australian Government Finance Authority (SAFA) bonds for four years.
- A business or investment plan for your AUD $750,000 investment.
Migrants who were aged within three months of turning 55 years when they lodged their subclass 165 visa application may have been approved on the basis of a business plan in addition to the investment of AUD 750,000 in SAFA bonds for the four years. You will need to show evidence the plan has been completed before you apply for your subclass 893 visa, in addition to the above evidence requirements.
Before you apply
You must have ready information and documents to prove the claims you make in your application.
- Scanned copies of the main applicant’s photo pages of their passport (in pdf format).
- Evidence of residency in South Australia for the past two years.
- Evidence you have fulfilled your investment obligations with SAFA for four years.
- A completed and signed Form 949, saved as a pdf.
How to apply
- Check the Department of Home Affairs visa conditions to ensure you meet the visa criteria.
- Ensure you meet the state nomination requirements for South Australia and read the State application terms and conditions.
- Submit an online application for state nomination.
- If you are approved for state nomination, you will receive a State Government signed copy of the Form 949. You will need to include this in your visa application to Department of Home Affairs to be eligible to apply for the 893 visa. This visa application must be received by the correct Department of Home Affairs office, before your provisional visa expires.
Immigration SA may ask for further evidence which may relate to Department of Home Affairs visa criteria for reporting purposes or the assessment itself and may also affect the sponsorship decision.