South Australia has a lot to offer those who live, work or do business here. Immigration SA can help if you are considering permanently moving to our state as a skilled or business migrant.
Skilled and business migration
Immigration SA is a State Government agency within the newly formed Department of Trade, Tourism and Investment and is responsible for skilled and business migration to South Australia.
We work with the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs to attract eligible skilled and business migrants through state-nominated visa programs. State nomination is a pathway to permanent residency in South Australia.
Immigration SA is also the state’s Regional Certifying Body for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
Our activities include:
- Nomination of skilled migrants to meet critical skills shortages in the local labour market.
- Nomination of migrants with a proven record of business expertise and entrepreneurship who can inject significant new money into the South Australian economy and create new jobs.
- Advice to the Department of Home Affairs on South Australian employers seeking skilled workers from overseas when positions cannot be filled from the local labour pool.
Migrants are nominated by regional employers, state and territory governments or family members and receive priority processing. Factors which decide where migrants settle include:
- Location of family members.
- Availability of employment.
- Business opportunities.
Immigration SA also provides post arrival services to support successful settlement including:
- 'Welcome to South Australia' information session
- Employment workshops
- Overseas skills recognition
- Business migrant appointments